Islamabad, Pakistan – March 27, 2019.
iENGINEERING was informed today that it has been appraised at the highest maturity level (Level 5) of the Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI)® Institute for software development. The news came after seven days of comprehensive Class A appraisal performed on 22 development processes. The eight Appraisal Team Members (ATMs) were led by CMMI Institute’s José Enrique Pérez who has extensive experience in CMMI appraisals.
An appraisal at Maturity Level 5 indicates that the organization is performing at an “optimizing” level regarding its development processes. At this level, an organization continually improves its processes based on a quantitative understanding of its business objectives and corresponding performance needs. The organization uses a quantitative approach to understand the variation inherent in each process and the causes of process outcomes. In short, this means we have a systematic mechanism for identifying and addressing issues, so that we can improve our services with the least amount of time/money investment.
The benefit of this certification to our clients is multifaceted:
- Having robust and optimum development processes result in high-quality products and services that will save time and money for our clients.
- The systematic and continuous process improvement ensures that the high quality is maintained during each project and across all projects via dissemination of best practices across the organization.
- The optimized development process will avoid significant issues to surface in the production release of our software, thereby reducing costs to fix them.
- An early detection and resolution of issues in the project lifecycle reduces the overall impact of those issues on project schedule and budget.
- The quest to close the performance gaps in achieving business objectives is inevitably driving us to stay abreast of technological innovations and practical tools that enhance our products and services.
- Since one of the key performance indicators used in the process improvement is productivity, this mechanism encourages us to increase our efficiency, hence reducing the costs and accelerating delivery schedule.
In addition to having an extensive project portfolio and a satisfied customer base, the steady building of capacity and competency is one of the strongest value propositions offered by iENGINEERING to its clients. Becoming a CMMI Maturity Level 5 organization confirms the fact that iENGINEERING is focused on continuous improvement and can pivot and respond to opportunity and change with agility.
At the occasion, iENGINEERING leadership also expressed their commitment towards upholding the company’s reputation of providing the best quality products and services to its customers.
About Capability Maturity Model (CMMI)
CMMI Institute (CMMIinstitute.com) is the global leader in the advancement of best practices in people, process and technology. CMMI Institute’s promise is to inspire cultures of continuous improvement that elevate performance and create sustainable competitive advantage.
CMMI Maturity level is an internationally recognized quality assurance standard for enhancing and evaluating an organization’s software development processes. Maturity Levels range from 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest ranking. CMMI Development is an integrated set of best practices that improves an organization’s capability to develop quality products and services that meet the needs of customers and end users.
About iENGINEERING (Private) Limited
iENGINEERING is a privately-owned firm that provides technology solutions to organizations across the globe. We specialize in the design, development, and implementation of custom built solutions. Our solutions allow organizations to stay in line with the latest trends in technology. They are designed with a customer-centric approach, tailored to our clients’ specific needs, and allow an extremely user-friendly experience. They are robust, reliable, scalable and customizable to an extent that allows the organizations to adapt quickly and transform their businesses conveniently. For more information, please visit iENGINEERING’s website at www.iengineering.com.pk.